by Mo Willems
Émile sent qu’il y a quelque chose sur sa tête. Il pense que c’est un oiseau mais c’est pire que ça, il a deux oiseaux sur la tête! Lili réussira-t-elle à aider son meilleur ami à s’en débarrasser?
(2) Following the PowerPoint, show the thought bubble slide and have the students think-pair-share and then discuss.
(3) Show the speech bubble slide and have the students think-pair-share and then discuss.
(4) Read the story and stop at page 15. Show the students pages 16 and 17, covering up the text. Ask students to think-pair-share with their partner what Émile is saying and what Lili is saying.
(5) Read the story to page 25. Show the students pages 26 and 27 and add a thought bubble above the characters’ heads. Ask the students to think-pair-share what they think the characters are thinking at that moment in the story.
(6) Read the story to the end.
(8) Provide an opportunity for students to share their stories with classmates in pairs or quads.
(9) Reflect with the students about how this strategy helped them connect with the story.